Recent Fire Damage Posts
What Method is Most Effective for Fire Restoration in West Lynn?
You want a trusted team of experts with the equipment your property needs after a fire incident occurs. Call SERVPRO right away.
No Two Fires are the Same. SERVPRO in West Lynn Uses a Multi-faceted Approach to Fire Restoration
Generally speaking, restoring property is more cost and time-efficient than refinishing or replacing. Fires are complicated to clean up with a myriad of factors affecting cleanability. These factors could include architecture and airflow, temperature, or type of materials combusting. SERVPRO trains technicians to the highest level so they can help with:
- Fire damaged homes
- Smoke remediation
- Fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup
Porous surfaces in your home may attract and absorb fire debris which must be removed for a complete fire restoration of your West Lynn home. Introducing moisture to a porous surface can further damage it or cause smoke staining to spread out. We recommend opting for dry cleaning methods on surfaces first to dislodge or remove surface layer soot.
- Vacuuming dry can help to remove particles loosely adhered to porous surfaces without damaging the material.
- Compressed air canisters help in conjunction with vacuum from an air filtration device or negative air pressure machine.
- Non-porous surfaces and synthetics can generally sustain more aggressive cleaning solvents and equipment.
We can help return your home to how you remember it. Contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, for fire restoration at (978) 744-0409. “Like it never even happened.”
Is there a Service in Saugus for Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration and Cleanup?
If your home has been damaged by a fire, you need expert assistance with cleanup and restoration. Call SERVPRO for help. We are always available.
SERVPRO is Based in Saugus and Can Help you with House Fire Cleanup
Saugus is a township on the outskirts of Boston in Massachusetts. The area is famous for its ironworks which made it a prominent manufacturing center for much of the seventeenth century when producing an estimated ton of iron per day. During the industrial revolution, manufacturing businesses returned and grew a strong reputation for the production of shoes. At one point, this small township was exporting its signature boots across the United States and the world. Much of Saugus's town center history has been preserved with some monuments, such as the historic ironworks, giving visitors a peek at American life in the 1670s. Saugus committed troops to the Unionist movement during the American Civil War, and there are numerous memorials in the township to commemorate those that contributed.
Much of visiting Saugus relies on being willing to explore some of its stunning state parks. The Breakheart Reservation is busy all year long with hundreds of acres of forestry, fishing, camping, and hiking trails. The Saugus Ironworks is part of the reservation, redeveloped as an educational and interactive museum of history. Guests can explore and get involved in much of the iron-making processes at a historic site that was among the first to exist in America's colonies. Situated nearby to Mt. Washington State Park and Lynn Woods, the area has become attractive to rock climbers. At the same time, casual interest can be fed at the MetroRock Climbing center, which offers tutelage from experienced instructors for all levels.
- Legoland Discovery Center is an entertainment center and amusement park that attracts thousands of families each year. Legoland has theme-park rides, playgrounds, food trucks, and low admission prices often available on deals.
- Nahant Beach and the Lynn Shore Reservation are just a stone's throw outside Saugus, with a quieter atmosphere than Revere Beach. It is kept clean throughout the year and is especially popular during the warm summer months. During Fall and Winter, the Lynn Shore Reservation is a spot full of indigenous birds and wildlife.
- Bish Bash Falls is located in the Mt. Washington State Forest, and visitors can take the short one-mile hike from the parking lot to witness them in person. The waterfall itself is sixty feet high, and tours for the family are available during the year.
SERVPRO Technicians in Saugus are Available for House Fire Cleanup
House fires leave behind stains, debris, and odors. Our qualified technicians can arrive on-site within four hours of notification of loss to provide:
- Fire damage restoration
- House fire cleanup
- Smoke remediation
Sometimes a house fire can affect the indoor air quality in your home. This air quality issue can occur as a result of airborne dust particles, odor, and soot. Stained walls or ceilings can continue to emit unpleasant particles into the indoor atmosphere. Our technicians are experts at identifying and dealing with indoor air quality issues.
- Air filtration devices use layers of filters to remove airborne particles. Our equipment includes high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) air filters.
- Ventilating a property correctly is possible with industrial venting box fans and direct expansion units.
- In restricted spaces in the home, technicians can use activated oxygen units to eliminate fire odors.
For a comprehensive solution to property restoration, contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, for fire damage restoration at (978) 744-0409.
Fire Damage Gets Worse the Longer You Wait
Recent fire? Don’t delay, contact SERVPRO for fire damage remediation services immediately after the fire fighters leave.
Don’t Let Corrosive Soot Residue Further Damage Your Saugus Home – Call SERVPRO for Skilled Fire Damage Assistance!
You will find the town of Saugus within Essex County in the state of Massachusetts. With a population of 26,628 when the United States Census got taken in 2010, this is a bustling area rich with history and beautiful communities. The name Saugus is believed to come from Native American roots, meaning “extended” or “great.”
The Hammersmith, now known as Saugus Iron Works, started operations in 1646. This was the first ironworks integration within North American and the most advanced at the time. Moving forward to the American Revolutionary War, roughly 100 men from Saugus joined the fight. In 1804, Saugus entered into the ice industry when Frederic Tudor started cutting ice from a family farm pond to have it shipped off to Martinique.
Notable People from Saugus, Massachusetts
There are several important people that either came from or lived in the Saugus, MA, area, including:
- Wade Boggs – Professional athlete, former baseball player
- John A. Curry – Formerly president of Northeastern University
- Kevin Wortman – Professional athlete, former hockey player
- Vincent Ferrini – Poet and writer
- Nathan Ames – Famous inventor known for patenting the very first escalator back in 1859
Visiting the Area or Planning a Move to Saugus
The town of Saugus is well-known for being a great location to raise a family while remaining close to Boston and other major cities. You will find various incredible hotels and inns in the area if you are planning a visit. Should you be looking to move here, plenty of public and private schools offer an excellent education.
Some of the top attractions and eateries in the area worth checking out include:
- Saugus Iron Works – Local landmark
- Jimmy’s Steer House – Steakhouse and American cuisine
- Breakheart Reservation – Parks and nature destination
- Border Café – Southwestern and Mexican fare
- Iron Town Diner – American diner food
- Square One Mall – Shopping center
- Harrows Chicken Pies – Fast food and famous chicken pies
- Lendy’s Deli & Restaurant – American cuisine, deli selection
- Sunny Relax Spa – Day spa and massage therapy
Saugus Tanker Crash in 2011 Leads to Fire of Several Nearby Buildings
Accidents can happen at any time, even leading to fire from an outside source. In July 2011, a fiery tanker crash caused several nearby buildings to become caught up in the blaze. The fiery explosion happened just after 2 am and it caused local first responders to work well into the daylight hours to address the nearby home and greenhouse buildings that caught fire.
Saugus Residents Can Get Quality Soot Removal and Fire Damage Help From SERVPRO
After a fire, harsh smoke residue and soot settles on a variety of surfaces throughout your Saugus interior. SERVPRO carefully chooses which methods and products we use to remove these elements to restore your home to a pre-fire condition.
There are several ways that we can handle soot and fire damage in Saugus, including:
- Soda blasting
- Dry ice blasting
- Agitative cleaning techniques
- Chemical cleaning agents
- Controlled demolition – General Contractor License #: CS-114298
Fire damage must get addressed as soon as possible to eliminate the chance of costly secondary damage. Call SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 when you need an emergency response after a fire in your home.
Wondering Whether Your Fire Damaged Items Can Be Restored?
SERVPRO can pretest greasy, sooty deposits on surfaces in a Saugus home to restore the fire-damaged residence
SERVPRO Gauges Fire Damage Restoration Odds in Saugus Properties Using Estimator Kits
Throwing away all your valuables after a fire incident is not a viable approach since replacement is costly. You may also want to retain the ones with sentimental value. Restoration processes such as cleaning and resurfacing can help save some items and reduce the cost involved. Restoration has its challenges, too, since determining which procedures can resolve specific problems might not be easy.
Before embarking on fire damage restoration in Saugus properties, SERVPRO scopes the loss site to determine the level and type of damage in different materials. Common damages include accumulation of smoke residues, plastic melting into appliances, and charring of materials.
The testing kits our SERVPRO technicians use contain various resources, including:
- A variety of brushes for inspecting materials in crevices
- Tags for labeling items based on damage levels or restoration options
- pH papers to determine acidity or alkalinity levels of various residues
- Accessories such as spray bottles, rubber bands, safety pins, and markers
With assistance from SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, you can expect positive results from fire damage restoration since we scope the loss site thoroughly. Call us at (978) 744-0409.
Tour the Saugus Iron Works by Kayak this December.
A fire can cause damage really fast. SERVPRO will be on-site within four hours to start the fire restoration process in your home.
Paddle Boston is Running 3-hour Kayaking Tours Along the Saugus River.
Paddle Boston is an initiative that encourages residents of Saugus and wider Boston to take to the water on Kayaks, Paddle Boards, and Boats. The Saugus Iron Works Tour is an upstream paddle that runs along the river and past the historic site, built in 1646. The tour is suitable for children aged eight and over, providing an accompanying adult while guidance and instruction are provided for beginners. Local historian Peter Laraba gives an in-depth historical tour of both the Ironworks and the surrounding waterways. Paddle Boston encourages locals to involve themselves in outdoor activities and provides training for beginners up to experts.
- The Saugus Iron Works tour costs just $20 per person with Kayaks and equipment included.
- General Canoeing and Kayaking classes are available on rivers and lakes across the Boston Area.
- Wednesday nights are reserved for competitive racing on the Charles River.
An unattended stove can quickly lead to extensive property damage. Contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 for advice and assistance.
How Can Owners Eliminate the Effects of a Fire in Their Homes?
When a house fire in West Lynn burns fixtures and materials, and the smoke invades under the doorways, call SERVPRO for fire damage cleanup
West Lynn Homeowners Can Call SERVPRO for Professional Fire Restoration
Can Fire-Caused Odors Be Eliminated from Residential Structures?
In West Lynn homes, SERVPRO can eliminate, or cover-up, malodors. Our technicians are highly trained for cleaning property, removing odor-producing damage, and other tasks needed to recreate a pleasant, healthy environment after any type of fire in the home.
What Steps Do Technicians Take to Restore Homes?
To eliminate or reduce the effects of fire damage in West Lynn homes, our teams perform the following steps:
- Remove the odor source debris – Items damaged physically by the fire exude malodor particles. Technicians remove every item scorched by the fire which greatly reduces the amount of odor-causing particles and also the number of chemical deodorizers needed in the home.
- Clean surfaces of malodor particles – Even a small amount of particles transported by the smoke can generate malodors, so technicians clean every possible affected surface at the point of origin, and everywhere that smoke from the fire could have carried odor-causing particles.
- Recreate the “fire” – Some odor particles can penetrate deeply into the wood, fabrics, and other property. To eliminate them, technicians can create a cloud of deodorizing particles that penetrate as deeply as the malodors to bind with and eliminate them.
Is It Possible to Block Odors So Technicians Do Not Have to Use Demolition?
Yes. If SERVPRO team leaders determine that demolition and replacement are too difficult, expensive, or not necessary, then sealing surfaces is the preferred option. For walls and ceilings, technicians use paint and primer with a chemical sealant that blocks malodors from being released into the residence. For air ducts, they spray a sealant over every reachable surface to block malodors.
To begin removing odors and other fire restoration procedures for your home, call SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 today. Our teams are here to return your home to its original state and make the damage disappear "Like it never even happened."
What Hazard Control Protocols Can Homeowners Anticipate Inside a Fire-Damaged House?
Count on the professionals at SERVPRO to restore your home after fire damage.
Well-Trained and Equipped SERVPRO Managers and Work Crews Assess Fire Damage In West Lynn Residences to Identify and Implement Controls for Hazards to Ensure Safety for All
After a fire in West Lynn, safety, and health considerations loom large for both your family and the technicians working onsite to mitigate and remediate the scenario. Establishing a safe work site requires the homeowner and the restorer to communicate and collaborate.
What Is the First Step in a Fire Mitigation Situation?
Upon restorers' arrival at your West Lynn home, fire damage hazard evaluation by a trained and experienced project is job one. In addition to a visual inspection, expect our project manager to inquire of you about any known safety hazards. We conduct testing if needed to delve deeper into the types and severity of potential hazards, including:
- Identifying slip, trip, and fall risks, and electrical shock exposure possibility from water damage
- Checking damaged building materials for biohazards such as lead paint or asbestos, including "sound" materials we might need to cut, remove, or drill to achieve mitigation or remediation goals
- Detecting the presence of firefighting water in building cavities which could cause structural collapse
- Evaluating load-bearing structures and supports for integrity after charring, burn-through, or water incursion
- Determining if air quality or residues pose toxicity concerns
How Do Fire-Damage Recovery Professionals Control the Work Site for Safety Considerations?
SERVPRO establishes work area boundaries and creates spaces for equipment and supplies. We often build a containment partition with 1.6 mil polyethylene to seal off the working area so we can filter the air with negative pressure scrubbers and prevent drift of smoke, soot, and other residues. Warning signs and barrier tapes communicate vital safety information to occupants and workers. If SERVPRO employees wear personal protective equipment, we identify a dressing and undressing space to avoid tracking debris and residues elsewhere in your home.
Rely on the professionals of SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, to attend to the significant safety and health concerns at any fire damage restoration site. Contact us at (978) 744-0409 to explore how we can work together to get your home back to preloss condition quickly while controlling hazardous conditions.
How Does SERVPRO Handle Smoke, Odors, and Fire Damage After a Fire Incident In Your Saugus Home
Whether it is a small fire or large fire, SERVPRO can help restore your home to pre loss condition.
SERVPRO has the equipment needed to remove smoke odors from your Saugus home
One of the biggest concerns after a house fire is not charred furniture or burnt walls, but the long-lasting impact of offensive smoke odors that can linger even after the house is clean and damaged items restored.
Fire damage in your Saugus home means that your life was just uprooted from your daily routine. All of a sudden, you have nothing to wear that does not smell like smoke, and your home may or may not be livable. After assessing the fire's damage and securing the impacted structure for safety purposes, it is now essential to go about the arduous task of deodorizing your home and all of its contents.
The first step is to remove the smoke residues as the odor's source can extend the life of the smell. When SERVPRO restorers remove affected contents and clean or replace the affected materials, the smoke smell greatly diminishes within the home. After removing these odor sources, restorers determine whether the smoke damage is light, moderate, or heavy to decide which techniques are most effective in the deodorization process. Although the offensive odor may seem overwhelming and extreme, most house fires have light to moderate smoke damage.
In a light smoke odor situation, the smoke only affects a small area of the home, typically the kitchen, without any significant structural damage. In rooms farther away from the source, there is no detectable odor. In this case, after source removal, SERVPRO technicians ventilate the area and clean surfaces having smoke residues with a cleaning solution such as Wall and Surface Cleaner (#351).
Then, they continue to control the odors by using instant odor counteracting beads or pellets. Technicians may use thermal fogging in the affected area beginning near the source and dispensing less fog further away from the source. Technicians inspect crawl spaces and wall cavities for odor pockets, fogging where needed. They also check the HVAC system within the home if it was in use during the fire. They may use cheesecloth over the vents to see if there is any smoke contamination. Cheesecloth also acts as a protectant, keeping the HVAC system from resoiling during cleaning.
There is typically more structural damage in moderate and heavy smoke damage situations than in light smoke damage. ULV fogging or activated oxygen (ozone) may be required, and an overall more extensive restoration process where the residents often evacuate until completion of the home.
Contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, at (978) 744-0409 for 24/7 assistance.