SERVPRO Can Help Saugus Residents Deal with Water Damage to Their Homes
SERVPRO teams have the tools and experience you need to handle water damages on your property.
With a Fast and Efficient Service, SERVPRO Can Save Your Saugus Home Form Long-Term Effects of Water Damage
Unmitigated water damage to your Saugus home can have long-term effects on the structural components, causing expensive-to-repair secondary issues. You need professional water damage remediation experts like SERVPRO who understand the importance of time dealing with water restoration.
SERVPRO’s team of experts can start working on restoring the water damage in your Saugus home within a matter of hours after hearing from you. After all, We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster. Once the SERVPRO experts have assessed the situation, the restoration work begins with removing any standing water from the property. We use advanced water removing equipment to get the job done as fast as possible. The goal is to minimize the exposure time of water with various structural components.
Some Water Removing Equipment that SERVPRO Techs Use During Water Cleanup of Your Saugus Home
SERVPRO technicians use advanced technology to remove standing water from your Saugus home after a water incident. Some equipment that we routinely use include-
- Self-priming extraction pumps- These are heavy-duty pumps that SERVPRO technicians use if there are solids in the standing water. They are mostly powered by gas or diesel and can move up to 16,000 gallons of water per hour, making them ideal in flood restoration.
- High-pressure pumps- These pumps can offer a high lift and are generally used for pumping out underground structures, including basements and parking garages.
Call SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409; our technicians are available 24/7 to assist you.
SERVPRO Offers Safe and Efficient Mold Removal in Saugus Establishments
SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle every level of mold damage, Including the odors that come with it. Call us today, we are always available.
Businesses in Saugus Rely on SERVPRO for Mold Removal
The discovery of mold in a commercial space can be a disaster for your business. Not only is mold a big turn-off for your customers, but mold can cause health effects as well. SERVPRO’s mold specialists can carry out mold removal from your Saugus property and work hard to help you keep the doors of your establishment open.
The method that SERVPRO techs use for mold removal from your Saugus establishment depends on the type of surface damaged. Although SERVPRO professionals can clean the non-porous surfaces in your place of business, porous material with visible mold growth often must be removed or discarded. As mold reproduces by producing microscopic airborne structures called spores, SERVPRO techs make efforts to prevent the spores from reaching the unaffected areas by establishing containment zones.
How do SERVPRO Mold Specialists Remove the Mold Contamination from Your Saugus Establishment?
Removal of contaminated material must be done with utmost care. SERVPRO technicians take all possible precautions while mold remediation from your Saugus property.
- If mold damage is present on porous material such as fabric, drywall, carpeting, or insulation, SERVPRO technicians need to remove the material itself. Heavy long-duration exposure to wooden materials might compromise their structural integrity, and hence, such material needs to be removed as well.
- Mold damage on a non-porous material such as glass, metals, or plastics can be removed using HEPA vacuuming or damp cleaning with a detergent solution.
- Material such as wood and concrete are considered semi-porous, and mold can be removed by sanding, damp wiping, wire brushing, or other abrasive methods.
Call SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, at (978) 744-0409 for any mold-related inquiry.
Need Fire Restoration in Your Saugus Home? Think SERVPRO
Fire can leave your property with many issues. Trust our experts to bring your home back to its original state "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Provides Quick and Reliable Fire Restoration Service to Saugus Homes
One of the biggest challenges in restoring fire-damaged homes is cleaning up the residue left behind by the smoke and soot. SERVPRO fire restoration experts of Saugus use a variety of techniques to remove the residue from structural components safely.
The first thing SERVPRO experts do is to identify the type of surfaces while pretesting for cleanability during fire restoration of your Saugus home. The factors determining the best cleaning method include the kind of residue, surface, and whether the surface is wet cleanable or dry cleanable. Walls and ceilings are some of the most affected surfaces by smoke damage. SERVPRO smoke remediation experts use the cleaning methods depending on whether the surfaces are painted, texture plastered, covered with acoustic tiles, or metallic tiles.
How does SERVPRO Clean Damaged Walls and Ceilings During House Fire Cleanup in Saugus?
SERVPRO technicians use three methods for cleaning in most fire and smoke damage situations in Saugus homes-
- Dry Sponge Cleaning- Used for cleaning light to medium non-greasy residues. This method is also used to pre-clean the surfaces before SERVPRO techs can apply other cleaning methods.
- Wet cleaning- Used to clean painted, metal, or wood walls and ceilings with heavy soot residue or light to the heavy oil-based residue.
- Peroxide active cleaning- Most commonly used to clean acoustical ceilings and other porous and non-porous ceiling surfaces, especially if there is a heavy tar buildup. This method is preferred over aggressive wet cleaning in case of textured, blown ceilings as solvents in wet cleaning can dissolve the coating of these surfaces.
Call SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 for fast and efficient service any time of the day.
Can Storm Damage Restoration Help a West Lynn Property Recover?
When this home incurred storm damage, SERVPRO was there We tarped the roof and completely restored the home.
SERVPRO Techs Can Handle Storm Damage Repairs and Flood Restoration in West Lynn
Not all emergency services water damage situations in West Lynn homes result from flood damage after storms. Sometimes, very little water damage is involved, and there are other reasons the home needs restoration services.
One frequently seen type of storm damage restoration SERVPRO handles in West Lynn properties involves high winds causing tree limbs to fall. When a large limb hits a rooftop or breaks a window, the combination of structural and water damage in the home can be a costly disaster if the cleanup does not begin rapidly after the event.
This type of home disaster comes with a significant amount of storm cleanup and the need for temporary repairs such as tarping a hole in a roof or over a broken window to halt any further moisture from entering the home during the restoration services. Our SERVPRO has a general contractor license #cs-114298 which means the techs can handle the cleanup and drying and the reconstruction as needed and save the homeowner the anxiety of finding and vetting someone to rebuild the damaged portion of their house.
Getting a Storm-Damaged Property Dried Professionally
- Air movers and drying mats as needed
- TES - Thermal Energy System
- Dehumidifiers to capture and condense away water vapor
SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 is on call 24/7 to support the West Lynn community for any size or type of storm damage restoration services.
Does Water Damage Restoration in Saugus Homes Include Repairs?
SERVPRO can restore water damaged structural items and make it "Like it never even happened."
Saugus SERVPRO Has a General Contractor License #cs-114298 So Water Cleanup Can Go Straight into Repairs and Rebuilding
It can be daunting for a Saugus homeowner to see their home before the water cleanup services begin. Burst pipes, water heaters dropping gallons upon gallons, or a sewage backup can all leave a large amount of damage to the structure and contents.
The goal of SERVPRO during Saugus water damage restoration services is to save homeowners from needing to replace walls, flooring, or contents lost to the water. There are certain factors, such as how quickly the water cleanup efforts began and whether the water in the home has any toxins or contamination that can affect the overall outcome. Remove portions of the sheetrock or controlled demo to remove floorboards or carpet to dry the subfloor after extracting the water. These actions assist with drying and help limit the amount of damage done to the property.
Benefits of SERVPRO Building Services
- Go straight from restoration and cleanup to reconstruction.
- Technicians can install new flooring, walls, or other structural elements.
Homeowners can turn a negative situation into a positive and update the interior of their home with a new color palette.
SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 supports the local Saugus community for any size or type of water damage restoration services needed 24/7, including holidays.
What is the Best Way to Dry a Saugus Home After Flood Damage?
When storms strike, SERVPRO is ready. We can quickly mobilize to remove unwanted water from your home.
SERVPRO Can Perform Flood Restoration in Saugus Properties
Not all flood restoration jobs occurred in Saugus homes due to flash floods or roof damage from high winds. Sometimes simple human error such as leaving a window open can cause significant water damage within a structure.
SERVPRO techs cleaned up flood damage in a Saugus home after a window was left open during intense storms. When this happens in an upstairs room, the water damage within the house can be even more significant as the incoming water migrates throughout the property. The act of water entering through a window will wet down the sill, wall underneath, and carpet in front of the window. As the storm blows in more moisture, the carpet will continue to get saturated, and eventually, the liquid will flow through the pad into the subfloor and affect the floor below. Most consumers do not have the tools on hand to deal with this type of water cleanup, which is why handing off the restoration process to SERVPRO ensures the best outcome through the use of their professional extraction and drying equipment.
SERVPRO Flood Restoration Actions
- Removal of ruined building materials
- Monitoring drying with moisture meters and thermal cameras
- Attaining moisture content levels for complete drying
SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 is available 24/7 to handle flood damage restoration services for local Saugus properties.
Flooding Can Bring Saugus Businesses to a Halt
Flood water not only damages your building, but can contain contaminants. SERVPRO is equipped to safely remove the water.
SERVPRO Provides Flood Damage Services to Saugus Businesses to Help Them Get Back to Business
Floodwater is highly contaminated. It can contain toxic chemicals, bacteria, and debris that should only be dealt with by a professional flood restoration company. To ensure your business is properly cleaned and restored, let SERVPRO handle the flood damage.
Contaminated Water Emergency Service Procedures
When flood damage strikes Saugus, businesses are at risk. The building and the content may come in contact with floodwater. Our technicians understand the risks and begin flood cleanup when they arrive. Safety is the first concern, and we take the following steps:
- Eliminate safety hazards from the job.
- Immediately disinfect surfaces with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Set up containment if needed.
- Remove standing silt and debris.
- Determine what can be decontaminated and restored and what cannot.
- Remove and dispose of carpet and padding if contaminated.
- Pressure wash structural components as needed. Disinfect again.
- Remove materials as necessary to decontaminate the building.
- Clean and dry interior walls.
- Repeat disinfecting as needed.
- Remove and dispose of final debris and wastewater.
- Dry the premises and content.
SERVPRO follows the strictest guidelines when dealing with contaminated water. We work with you to ensure everything is restored to preloss condition whenever possible. If we need to, we pack out the contents and move them to our warehouse for cleaning and restoration.
You can trust us to provide the emergency services, water damage mitigation you need to get your business up and running. Contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 for professional water damage repairs and water removal services.
Mold Spreads Fast and Is Destructive – It Can Damage Saugus Homes
Inspect your home often for signs of mold and call SERVPRO for fast, effective remediation.
Mold Removal Companies Like SERVPRO Understand the Damage Mold can do to Saugus Homes and Provide Mold Remediation
If you see or smell mold, you want to get professional help immediately. Mold spreads rapidly, and the fungi can destroy the content and structural elements of your home. At SERVPRO, we provide mold removal services following the strictest guidelines.
What Are SERVPRO’s Guidelines & Standards for Mold Remediation?
Mold removal companies in Saugus use various guidelines for mold removal. At SERVPRO, we follow both the EPA mold remediation guidelines and the IICRC standards. We do everything possible to ensure the mold gets removed from your home. Because mold spores are everywhere, it is impossible to remove 100% of the mold, but we can address the problem that allows it to grow. The EPA recommends:
- Cleaning and drying moldy materials
- Discarding moldy items that cannot be cleaned
- Dry non-mold items within 48 hours
SERVPRO does this and more.
IICRC Mold Remediation Standards
Safety is paramount, and because mold can cause health effects, we take it very seriously. The standards we follow here include:
- Providing for health & safety
- Documenting the conditions & processes
- Controlling the mold contaminant at the source
- Removing contamination
- Correcting the moisture problem
Once we have done all of the above and the home has been disinfected, we proceed with the final restoration. If you have a problem with black mold and need mold inspections, remediations and removal, contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409.
What Inspection Devices Are Used to Track Moisture in Saugus Homes?
Water damage? SERVPRO can help! We have the training and equipment to restore your home.
If Water Cleanup is Needed in Saugus, SERVPRO Uses Specialty Equipment to Locate Moisture
When our crew arrives on the scene, a scope gets done on the home. Scoping locates the areas where water has gone and determines the extent of absorption by the structure and the content. We use various devices in our water damage restoration services to track the moisture.
Water Restoration Inspection Devices
Water cleanup in Saugus begins with tracking the moisture, and we use the following:
- Moisture Sensors– Detects moisture in carpets and padding. Sharp probes penetrate through the carpeting to determine if the subfloor below has been impacted.
- Thermal Imaging Cameras– Infrared cameras monitor the moisture in building material. During the scope, they provide a fast evaluation of the extent of the water. They show the path the water has taken and prove successful drying at the end of the job. This device is not always precise with moisture tracking.
- Moisture Meters-Measures the actual moisture content or level of materials. Different meters may get used for specific materials such as drywall. There are both penetrating and non-penetrating meters.
- Hygrometers – Measures the relative humidity and temperature of air masses, helping with the drying process.
When water damage remediation is needed, these tools help our techs to do the best job possible. Whether you are dealing with a water intrusion from burst pipes, ceiling leaks, or basement flooding, our team provides water cleanup that leaves your home “Like it never even happened.” For water damage repairs, call SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 today.
What Method is Most Effective for Fire Restoration in West Lynn?
You want a trusted team of experts with the equipment your property needs after a fire incident occurs. Call SERVPRO right away.
No Two Fires are the Same. SERVPRO in West Lynn Uses a Multi-faceted Approach to Fire Restoration
Generally speaking, restoring property is more cost and time-efficient than refinishing or replacing. Fires are complicated to clean up with a myriad of factors affecting cleanability. These factors could include architecture and airflow, temperature, or type of materials combusting. SERVPRO trains technicians to the highest level so they can help with:
- Fire damaged homes
- Smoke remediation
- Fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup
Porous surfaces in your home may attract and absorb fire debris which must be removed for a complete fire restoration of your West Lynn home. Introducing moisture to a porous surface can further damage it or cause smoke staining to spread out. We recommend opting for dry cleaning methods on surfaces first to dislodge or remove surface layer soot.
- Vacuuming dry can help to remove particles loosely adhered to porous surfaces without damaging the material.
- Compressed air canisters help in conjunction with vacuum from an air filtration device or negative air pressure machine.
- Non-porous surfaces and synthetics can generally sustain more aggressive cleaning solvents and equipment.
We can help return your home to how you remember it. Contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, for fire restoration at (978) 744-0409. “Like it never even happened.”