What Inspection Devices Are Used to Track Moisture in Saugus Homes?
Water damage? SERVPRO can help! We have the training and equipment to restore your home.
If Water Cleanup is Needed in Saugus, SERVPRO Uses Specialty Equipment to Locate Moisture
When our crew arrives on the scene, a scope gets done on the home. Scoping locates the areas where water has gone and determines the extent of absorption by the structure and the content. We use various devices in our water damage restoration services to track the moisture.
Water Restoration Inspection Devices
Water cleanup in Saugus begins with tracking the moisture, and we use the following:
- Moisture Sensors– Detects moisture in carpets and padding. Sharp probes penetrate through the carpeting to determine if the subfloor below has been impacted.
- Thermal Imaging Cameras– Infrared cameras monitor the moisture in building material. During the scope, they provide a fast evaluation of the extent of the water. They show the path the water has taken and prove successful drying at the end of the job. This device is not always precise with moisture tracking.
- Moisture Meters-Measures the actual moisture content or level of materials. Different meters may get used for specific materials such as drywall. There are both penetrating and non-penetrating meters.
- Hygrometers – Measures the relative humidity and temperature of air masses, helping with the drying process.
When water damage remediation is needed, these tools help our techs to do the best job possible. Whether you are dealing with a water intrusion from burst pipes, ceiling leaks, or basement flooding, our team provides water cleanup that leaves your home “Like it never even happened.” For water damage repairs, call SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 today.
What Method is Most Effective for Fire Restoration in West Lynn?
You want a trusted team of experts with the equipment your property needs after a fire incident occurs. Call SERVPRO right away.
No Two Fires are the Same. SERVPRO in West Lynn Uses a Multi-faceted Approach to Fire Restoration
Generally speaking, restoring property is more cost and time-efficient than refinishing or replacing. Fires are complicated to clean up with a myriad of factors affecting cleanability. These factors could include architecture and airflow, temperature, or type of materials combusting. SERVPRO trains technicians to the highest level so they can help with:
- Fire damaged homes
- Smoke remediation
- Fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup
Porous surfaces in your home may attract and absorb fire debris which must be removed for a complete fire restoration of your West Lynn home. Introducing moisture to a porous surface can further damage it or cause smoke staining to spread out. We recommend opting for dry cleaning methods on surfaces first to dislodge or remove surface layer soot.
- Vacuuming dry can help to remove particles loosely adhered to porous surfaces without damaging the material.
- Compressed air canisters help in conjunction with vacuum from an air filtration device or negative air pressure machine.
- Non-porous surfaces and synthetics can generally sustain more aggressive cleaning solvents and equipment.
We can help return your home to how you remember it. Contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, for fire restoration at (978) 744-0409. “Like it never even happened.”
Can Water Damage Lead to Streaking on Furniture for West Lynn Residents?
Our skilled technicians have the expertise and state of the art equipment to get your home back in order after a water catastrophe.
Streaking is One Consequence of Water Exposure. SERVPRO Has Water Damage Restoration Professionals in West Lynn
All fabrics respond differently to water exposure. Synthetics generally absorb more soils and stains than natural materials. However, these are typically easier to clean as they do not suffer the same damage as silks, linens, velvets, or leathers. Our technicians can take care of your upholstery during water restoration.
Water restoration can include:
- Water damage repairs
- Emergency services water damage
- Water removal services
In addition to the above, water damage restoration for West Lynn homes can incorporate contents and upholstery cleaning. Stains that occur on upholstery, such as streaking, usually happen from overwetting. We use water extraction equipment fitted with furniture wands to remove moisture from upholstery without causing streaks.
- Pilating tools can help to even out streaking issues and are applied regularly throughout contents cleaning.
- Fabric brushes with stiff bristles stand up fibers to reduce the streaking's visible effect and encourage an even finish.
- Specialist upholstery tools in combination with pre-spraying cleaners further reduce the chances of permanent harm.
Upholsteries require special care and attention after water exposure. Contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 now.
Is there a Service in Saugus for Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration and Cleanup?
If your home has been damaged by a fire, you need expert assistance with cleanup and restoration. Call SERVPRO for help. We are always available.
SERVPRO is Based in Saugus and Can Help you with House Fire Cleanup
Saugus is a township on the outskirts of Boston in Massachusetts. The area is famous for its ironworks which made it a prominent manufacturing center for much of the seventeenth century when producing an estimated ton of iron per day. During the industrial revolution, manufacturing businesses returned and grew a strong reputation for the production of shoes. At one point, this small township was exporting its signature boots across the United States and the world. Much of Saugus's town center history has been preserved with some monuments, such as the historic ironworks, giving visitors a peek at American life in the 1670s. Saugus committed troops to the Unionist movement during the American Civil War, and there are numerous memorials in the township to commemorate those that contributed.
Much of visiting Saugus relies on being willing to explore some of its stunning state parks. The Breakheart Reservation is busy all year long with hundreds of acres of forestry, fishing, camping, and hiking trails. The Saugus Ironworks is part of the reservation, redeveloped as an educational and interactive museum of history. Guests can explore and get involved in much of the iron-making processes at a historic site that was among the first to exist in America's colonies. Situated nearby to Mt. Washington State Park and Lynn Woods, the area has become attractive to rock climbers. At the same time, casual interest can be fed at the MetroRock Climbing center, which offers tutelage from experienced instructors for all levels.
- Legoland Discovery Center is an entertainment center and amusement park that attracts thousands of families each year. Legoland has theme-park rides, playgrounds, food trucks, and low admission prices often available on deals.
- Nahant Beach and the Lynn Shore Reservation are just a stone's throw outside Saugus, with a quieter atmosphere than Revere Beach. It is kept clean throughout the year and is especially popular during the warm summer months. During Fall and Winter, the Lynn Shore Reservation is a spot full of indigenous birds and wildlife.
- Bish Bash Falls is located in the Mt. Washington State Forest, and visitors can take the short one-mile hike from the parking lot to witness them in person. The waterfall itself is sixty feet high, and tours for the family are available during the year.
SERVPRO Technicians in Saugus are Available for House Fire Cleanup
House fires leave behind stains, debris, and odors. Our qualified technicians can arrive on-site within four hours of notification of loss to provide:
- Fire damage restoration
- House fire cleanup
- Smoke remediation
Sometimes a house fire can affect the indoor air quality in your home. This air quality issue can occur as a result of airborne dust particles, odor, and soot. Stained walls or ceilings can continue to emit unpleasant particles into the indoor atmosphere. Our technicians are experts at identifying and dealing with indoor air quality issues.
- Air filtration devices use layers of filters to remove airborne particles. Our equipment includes high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) air filters.
- Ventilating a property correctly is possible with industrial venting box fans and direct expansion units.
- In restricted spaces in the home, technicians can use activated oxygen units to eliminate fire odors.
For a comprehensive solution to property restoration, contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, for fire damage restoration at (978) 744-0409.
Should Saugus Homeowners Cleanup Floodwaters?
Flood damage restoration is a job for SERVPRO. Their IICRC certified technicians are trained and experienced.
If you have flood damage hiring the professionals at SERVPRO is the wise thing to do
Floodwaters can cause a significant amount of damage to homes. One of the biggest problems is the long list of contaminants that can be in the water. Trained water restoration technicians (WRT) are what is needed to ensure reliable, safe cleanup.
What Happens When SERVPRO Arrives?
When we arrive, we thoroughly assess your home to determine the extent of the damage. We then formulate a plan of action to remove the flood water in your Saugus home and begin restoration. When dealing with floodwaters, safety hazards are always a concern. We take the necessary precautions when we begin. Here are some of the steps we take to make sure everything gets done efficiently and safely:
- Check the home for electrical hazards
- Put ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFC) on specific electrical equipment
- Look for hidden moisture pockets to prevent mold
- Perform floodwater testing to determine the contaminant level
- Wear the correct PPE
- Sanitize and disinfect surfaces with antimicrobial agents
Floodwater is not something you should try to clean up on your own. At SERVPRO, we understand the risks and have the expertise and equipment to mitigate the flood damage. Our goal is to leave your home, “Like it never even happened.”
Contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn, for professional flood damage cleanup. You can reach us at (978) 744-0409.
Fire Damage Can Bring Your Saugus Business to a Halt
A business not running is not a good way to live. Call SERVPRO for fast the action fire restoration service you need.
SERVPRO can help Saugus companies get back on track after a fire
When a fire takes place in a commercial building, it typically sets off the sprinkler system. If firefighters are involved, water and chemicals from firefighting efforts can be a problem. That is why water extraction is vital and should happen quickly.
Get Help Fast
If your company needs fire damage restoration in Saugus, we can help. Secondary damage from hidden moisture can include:
- Mold and mildew
- Structural damage from hidden water
- Ruined ceiling tiles
- Warped flooring
- Damaged content
- Longer cleanup time
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Not only do we deal with water extraction, but we also get busy cleaning up soot. Soot can cause damage to whatever it touches. There are different types of soot, and depending on the composition, it can stain surfaces. It also has a foul odor that needs to be addressed. We get busy:
- Cleaning every nook and cranny of your business
- Eliminating persistent smoke odors with air scrubbers
- Using industrial-strength dehumidifiers and air movers to help with drying
- Removing charred debris and unsalvageable items
- Cleaning contents and inventory
- Restoring rather than replacing whenever possible
- Getting your company back on its feet quickly
For commercial fire damage restoration service in Saugus, contact SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409.
What Are Some Problems from Saugus Water Intrusion?
Water damage restoration to your property should be handled by a professional like SERVPRO. Their techs are ready 24/7.
Hidden water damage is always a risk, but SERVPRO provides water cleanup to mitigate the problem.
Saugus, MA, is a fascinating town, rich in history. The Hammersmith was built in 1646 in the town and was one of the most advanced ironworks in North America. The 19th century brought the ice industry to the area. Shoes, wool items, and tobacco were big industries during the Industrial Revolution. No matter the era, they had workers who needed to be fed. Today businesses throughout Saugus still need lunch breaks, and here are some of their favorite restaurants.
Angela’s Coal Fired Pizza
Pizza is always an excellent choice for lunch or dinner, especially when shared with friends or family. The menu is limited, but what they do have is delicious. The wings are fantastic, not overly sauced like you often get. Choose your crust type, and then pick out your favorite toppings. The crispy crust holds up well to all the sauce and cheesy goodness.
Iron Town Diner
Diners are the perfect place to fuel up for breakfast and get home-cooked food for lunch. If you like red velvet cake, you have to try the pancakes that share the name. The Reuben sandwich is a local favorite, as is the Greek salad. Whatever you order, you will not be disappointed in the taste or amount. The portions served are very generous, and the staff is friendly and efficient.
If Mexican or Cajun is your go-to food, you will enjoy this restaurant. The menu has a great selection and is an interesting blend of cultures. It is a family-friendly eatery that is reasonably priced. Some of their menu items include salmon tacos, Louisiana gumbo, and enchiladas.
This restaurant is one of Saugus’ hidden gems. Some of the favorites are chicken marsala, chicken parmigiana, and gnocchi. It is a cozy place with a décor that invites you to sit and stay awhile. The cuisine is what would be considered “American” Italian but is scrumptious. It is a restaurant you will find yourself heading to again and again.
The Blue Ox
The Blue Ox is a great choice for lunch or dinner. They serve up some unique dishes such as pumpkin ravioli. Your choices range from burgers to lamb chops. They have a nice seafood selection as well, which includes crispy crab cakes. The seared pork belly over Asian slaw is a house specialty. They have gluten-free options. For dessert, the Crème Brulee is a must.
SERVPRO Proudly Serves the Saugus Community
As a local business, we do our part by eating lunch at these fine establishments whenever we can slip out. The delicious food keeps us fueled up to handle all your water cleanup needs. If you have experienced a water intrusion in your home, get professional help to avoid hidden damages. When something like your dishwasher overflows, it can lead to:
- Disruption to your day
- Moisture flowing under the floor
- Secondary damage such as mold
- Water traveling down through the walls
- Damaged cabinets and woodwork
- Loose or warped floor tiles
Secondary damage is one of the biggest concerns with water damage. That is why professional water cleanup is so important. SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn provides that service and more. Contact us at (978) 744-0409 for all your water, fire, and flood restoration needs.
What is Water Mitigation vs. Water Restoration?
Facing water damage? SERVPRO is prepared with restoration equipment and experienced technicians. Call us at (978) 744-0409 today!
SERVPRO Handles Water Mitigation and Total Restoration to Bring Your West Lynn Home to Pre-Loss Condition
Any number of water catastrophes could take place in and around your West Lynn home. However, it is how you act and what happens during the clean up that matters most. SERVPRO features skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) armed with all the water mitigation knowledge necessary to get the job done correctly the first time.
To better understand water mitigation in West Lynn, the differences are as follows:
- Water mitigation helps lessen the impact and prevent more damage from taking place.
- Water damage restoration is a process for repairing and rebuilding the damage brought on by the water.
With our water mitigation services from SERVPRO, we extract water using powerful equipment and utilize moisture detection equipment to measure the dampness levels. We also put air scrubbers, fans, and dehumidifiers into play that work on drying out the water-logged portion of your property.
The length of time that mitigation takes depends on your project's overall scope and how severe the water damage is. We work as fast as possible to keep secondary damage from setting in, bringing the potential of excessive moisture that creates a breeding ground for mold.
SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn is the team to call when you need water mitigation services. Call us at (978) 744-0409 to have our Green Fleet dispatched to your property to get to work.
Set Your Business Up for Flood Damage Success
Has flooding affected your home? Contact SERVPRO to remediate the flood damage situation in your residence.
Counting on SERVPRO for Your Saugus Business After Flooding Ensures Less Costs From Flood Damage
If your business has ever gotten flooded, then you know how stressful this situation can get. Being prepared is half the battle. Having skilled technicians on-site and ready to work within hours will be the best way to ensure that your commercial space returns normal fast. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, which helps keep you on your feet and all of your employees safe.
Flood damage in Saugus is no match for our proven techniques here at SERVPRO. Steps we take once we arrive at your commercial space includes:
- Setting up barriers between the flood zone and unaffected areas
- Taking precautions by wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Careful cleaning of all objects that come into contact with contaminated water – thus removing any potentially harmful bacteria
- Disposing of totally saturated building materials, including drywall and insulation
- Rapid drying and water removal by using pumps, extractors, fans, and dehumidifiers in tandem
- Controlled demolition to ensure your business is left “Like it never even happened.” General contractor license #: CS-114298
You might not always have the ability to avoid a flood, but you can control the impact of flood damage within your commercial space. Calling SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 provides you with professional results and priceless peace of mind.
Fire Damage Gets Worse the Longer You Wait
Recent fire? Don’t delay, contact SERVPRO for fire damage remediation services immediately after the fire fighters leave.
Don’t Let Corrosive Soot Residue Further Damage Your Saugus Home – Call SERVPRO for Skilled Fire Damage Assistance!
You will find the town of Saugus within Essex County in the state of Massachusetts. With a population of 26,628 when the United States Census got taken in 2010, this is a bustling area rich with history and beautiful communities. The name Saugus is believed to come from Native American roots, meaning “extended” or “great.”
The Hammersmith, now known as Saugus Iron Works, started operations in 1646. This was the first ironworks integration within North American and the most advanced at the time. Moving forward to the American Revolutionary War, roughly 100 men from Saugus joined the fight. In 1804, Saugus entered into the ice industry when Frederic Tudor started cutting ice from a family farm pond to have it shipped off to Martinique.
Notable People from Saugus, Massachusetts
There are several important people that either came from or lived in the Saugus, MA, area, including:
- Wade Boggs – Professional athlete, former baseball player
- John A. Curry – Formerly president of Northeastern University
- Kevin Wortman – Professional athlete, former hockey player
- Vincent Ferrini – Poet and writer
- Nathan Ames – Famous inventor known for patenting the very first escalator back in 1859
Visiting the Area or Planning a Move to Saugus
The town of Saugus is well-known for being a great location to raise a family while remaining close to Boston and other major cities. You will find various incredible hotels and inns in the area if you are planning a visit. Should you be looking to move here, plenty of public and private schools offer an excellent education.
Some of the top attractions and eateries in the area worth checking out include:
- Saugus Iron Works – Local landmark
- Jimmy’s Steer House – Steakhouse and American cuisine
- Breakheart Reservation – Parks and nature destination
- Border Café – Southwestern and Mexican fare
- Iron Town Diner – American diner food
- Square One Mall – Shopping center
- Harrows Chicken Pies – Fast food and famous chicken pies
- Lendy’s Deli & Restaurant – American cuisine, deli selection
- Sunny Relax Spa – Day spa and massage therapy
Saugus Tanker Crash in 2011 Leads to Fire of Several Nearby Buildings
Accidents can happen at any time, even leading to fire from an outside source. In July 2011, a fiery tanker crash caused several nearby buildings to become caught up in the blaze. The fiery explosion happened just after 2 am and it caused local first responders to work well into the daylight hours to address the nearby home and greenhouse buildings that caught fire.
Saugus Residents Can Get Quality Soot Removal and Fire Damage Help From SERVPRO
After a fire, harsh smoke residue and soot settles on a variety of surfaces throughout your Saugus interior. SERVPRO carefully chooses which methods and products we use to remove these elements to restore your home to a pre-fire condition.
There are several ways that we can handle soot and fire damage in Saugus, including:
- Soda blasting
- Dry ice blasting
- Agitative cleaning techniques
- Chemical cleaning agents
- Controlled demolition – General Contractor License #: CS-114298
Fire damage must get addressed as soon as possible to eliminate the chance of costly secondary damage. Call SERVPRO of Saugus, West Lynn at (978) 744-0409 when you need an emergency response after a fire in your home.